Friday, November 5, 2010

Watercolor Portrait Workshop Day 1

Today was the first day of a 2-day watercolor portrait workshop taught by Lorelle Bacon in the River Arts District in Asheville.  I was able to complete 2 paintings, and I am quite pleased with the results.

This morning we did a painting of an American Indian painting some pottery.  The original picture was in grayscale, so each of us colored him a bit differently.




















This afternoon we did another painting.  This one was from a color photograph.  Just looking at this precious face made me smile. 






















To be honest, I did not think I could successfully complete a watercolor portrait.  Just the thought of attempting it seemed daunting.  Now I am looking forward to attempting another portrait tomorrow.
I will be sure to post the results...

No comments:

Post a Comment