Thursday, November 18, 2010

Great is Thy Faithfulness - finished

I completed "Great is Thy Faithfulness" today.  I have to give much of the credit to my husband Bert, for allowing me to focus on my art.  He made me lunch and brought it out to the studio so I could keep working.  Now that is a supportive husband....

I had been concerned about how I was going to paint the violin strings, since they were supposed to be white.  The area was too narrow to easily apply masking fluid, and I don't paint straight enough lines to adequately free hand them.  Hmmm, what to do?  I ran across some graphics tape that I use when making my sewing patterns, and knew I had found the answer. I applied the tape to the string locations and painted away.  They worked really well, and I am pleased with the finished painting.


1 comment:

  1. It turned out great Beth! Good job on darkening the outside edges of the table to pull the eye in. The wood grain turned otu well too. Nice shine on the bow as well. I do want to see the kind of tape you used! Lorelle

    ReplyDelete