Sunday, November 21, 2010

Busy in the studio...

I spent yesterday in the studio working on a pen & ink illustration for a children's book.  The author and his family are missionaries in Asia.  It is a delightful story of a little boy and a clever tree.  They sent me photos of their son and I used them as a reference.

After completing the drawing, I sent it by email to the other side of the world.  Needless to say, I was nervously waiting for a reply.  I don't know about you, but I put so much into my artwork that my creations are a part of me.  I worry that they aren't good enough, or won't be well received. 

I finally received the email this morning.  The author is delighted!  Praise God!

I hope to be able to work on the next illustration later this week.  However, our Thanksgiving festivities may interrupt my time in the studio...  We are celebrating Thanksgiving with friends this afternoon, then again on Thursday with some other dear friends.  This year I have so much to be thankful for... friends, precious family in Florida, Ohio, and Alabama, and a new studio in the mountains of NC where I can create to my heart's content.  God is so good!

By the way, I won't be posting pictures of the story illustrations... Sorry ot be such a tease, but you will just have to wait for the book.

If I don't post again before this Thursday...  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment