Friday, November 12, 2010

Busy Week...

Last Saturday was Day 2 of my watercolor workshop with Lorelle Bacon.  It ended up that I was going to be the only student attending on Saturday.  Rather than make both of us drive another 30  minutes to the studio, we decided to hold the class in my new studio.  What fun!  I took down my sewing machines and rearranged the furniture. Tada!  Instant art classroom. We painted in the morning, then in the afternoon watched a watercolor DVD by Susan Harrison Tustain.  I have never seen anyone put so many layers on a watercolor painting.

I had promised to do a portrait of my pastor's wife, so decided to work on it during the morning of the class.  Here is the result.  Both Lori and Pastor Bruce seem thrilled with the results.  I think it turned out well, and certainly does look like her.


Since Sunday I have been working on another quilt pattern.  This one is a baby quilt with three variations.
It will be called "Simply Baby 1".  I already have the ideas for "Simply Baby 2".  Here is one of the variations of "Simply Baby 1".  I have already completed the other two tops... just have to baste and quilt all of them now.  However, that will have to wait until next week.  I've already decided that I need to paint tomorrow.  ... time to take down the sewing machine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment