Saturday, August 7, 2010

"Daisy Delight" is completed!

I finished fine tuning the flower center on "Daisy Delight" this morning.  I am very pleased with it.  Now on to another painting.  I am trying to decide if I should do a still life, or another oversized flower...decisions, decisions.  Then again, I could change gears completely and do a portrait. Hmmm...

It has been an unusually hot summer, but this morning it was 64 degrees when I got up.  Ahh!  That's more like the mountain weather that I love. I am so blessed to be able to do what I enjoy most - being creative, while living in an area of our country that is so dear to my heart, with the man of my dreams (Yes, after 36 years of marriage I still feel this way.)  I am so very, very blessed!

As I type this, Bert is outside working on the studio. The construction crew is supposed to return on Monday and begin building the carport extention that we are adding.  The electrician is also supposed to come and do his part.  Once those are both completed, we will have another inspection, and  after that, Bert and I will hang the insulation. More inspections, drywall, etc...

I can hardly wait to get out there and claim my space.  I have both a drafting table and a full size studio easel in boxes waiting for me to set them up.  Bert says that the way it is progressing, I could be out there sometime in September. Yippee!

Well, here is the completed "Daisy Delight" with the added details to the flower center.  If you scroll back through my previous posts, you can see the progression. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. So soft and so lovely! Great job, Beth. I know seeing the actual painting will be breathtaking. 20" x 24" - right?

    Glad we got to meet Bert! You two complement each other!

    Can't wait to see what you will paint next! I'm loving these cool temps too!

    ReplyDelete