Monday, November 30, 2009

One portrait completed - another one started. . .




                                                                                                                                                                                                    I finished th eportrait of Lily in the rocking chair today.  The pants are better, but I still feel like I was having trouble painting them accurately.  I stopped before it made me crazy and pronounced it "finished!"

























I then started another portrait of Lily.  If you haven't guessed, I am crazy about my granddaughter.  In this stage I have the skin, mouth and eyes started.






















In this one, I have the eyes almost completed.



















In this one I have her hair pretty much completed.  I have also added the background.  She is wearing a bright yellow top in the reference photo, but I think I will change it to something more subtle, so it doesn't overpower her face.


No comments:

Post a Comment