Monday, November 23, 2009

The adventure begins. . .

I decided today that I would like to have an art blog, where I can discuss my art, various techniques and art mediums, as well as life in general.  I hope that my friends will join me on this new adventure. 

This morning I attended the monthly meeting of the Swannanoa Valley Fine Arts League.  The meeting was held at the Black Mountain Center for the Arts in downtown Black Mountain, North Carolina. I am thrilled to be living in an area that is so full of beautiful scenery, beautiful art, and incredible artists' resources.

I have been a member of the SVFAL for several months, but it was the first meeting that I had ever attended. I really enjoyed meeting the other artists and look forward to getting to know them better in the months and years to come.  The guest speaker, Jack Williams, is a graphics artist, and his topic was incorporating lettering into artwork.  It was very interesting. 

Before the meeting, the director of the Center for the Arts announced that she had several pastel sets for sale that had been donated.    I was able to purchase a new 100 piece set of Sennilier Oil Pastels for $50.  (The list price on a 120 piece set is $487.)  I am so thrilled!  I can't wait to try them out. . . maybe tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment