Friday, June 17, 2011

Another busy week...

It has been another busy week in the studio... actually out of the studio.
I finished another scratchboard on Tuesday during my art class.  I am not sure what to name this one.  So far I am calling it "Nan's Wolf" since Nan photographed it.


On Wednesday I went ot the Cradle of Forestry near Brevard, NC and spent the day painting.  The painting below is not yet complete.  It is a close-up of the flower boxes at the Ranger's Cabin. 
It is a 12 x 16 watercolor.



Today I spent the day at Floyd & Lori Kemp's garden in Black Mountain, NC.  I was participating in a local "Art in Bloom" event to promote the arts.  Artists were stationed in various gardens painting, and people went from garden to garden to see the gardens and the artists at work.
This is a 12 x 16 on Arches watercolor block.



It will be on display and available to purchase on Sunday at the Black Mountain center for the Arts.



No comments:

Post a Comment