Thursday, July 29, 2010

Almost there...

I am almost finished with "Buddy".  Phew!  Why is it I like the little details so much?  ... the small hairs on his muzzle ... saliva bubbles on his tongue and lower lip .... moisture highlights in his eyes.  These are all the crazy  little details that cry out to be painted!  I have been working on him for several hours today completing those crazy little details.

I cut 2/3 of the hairs off of a Loew-Cornell 7350 Liner brush so that it only has about 4 or 5 hairs left on it.  Yep, I am a glutton for punishment, but I think that was the tool I needed to get those tiny details. 

I still have to finish the details on his collar and add a few more hairs to his muzzle.  Other than that, I think he is finished.

Hope you enjoy seeing the progress.

2 comments:

  1. Your pet portraits are so well done and so full of life. I can almost feel Buddy's velvety coat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Gwen. I really appreciate you taking the time to look at my art. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete