Monday, June 14, 2010

Eventful Weekend

It has been an eventful art weekend.  The fun started on Friday when Lorelle and I went to the Vance Birthplace to do some plein aire painting.  I chose to paint the smokehouse.  I was standing in the full sun, and thought I had the colors right.  When I brought the painting home, it seems so dark... not sure how much I like it. I still have some tweaking to do on it.

I have also been working on another pen and ink. 
This one is from a photograph.  I wasn't sure, but thought I may have messed it up when I put in the road. 
It is looking better now.  I still have to complete the front field.
On  Saturday Lorelle and I attended the River District Studio Stroll in Asheville. . . 150+ artist studios open to the public for 2 days.  It was amazing.   Having seen about half of the studios, I realized that my work is comparable to many of them, and I can really refer to myself as an artist now.
I can hardly wait to get my own studio completed.   So much has happened to me artistically this past year - I can hardly wait to see what God has planned for next year!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a successful Pen and Ink experience to me Beth!

    Karen P.

    ReplyDelete